Senior Product Designer - (UX)
Movio’s mission is to connect all moviegoers with their ideal movie, and we’re on the hunt for talented people to contribute to a future where every generation can experience the magic of cinema.
As the global leader in marketing data analytics and campaign management solutions, Movio is revolutionizing the way the film industry interacts with moviegoers. With a global database of over 100 million moviegoers and more than 5,000 movie titles, Movio supports the world’s most comprehensive moviegoer database. With actionable moviegoer insights and effortless campaign execution to deliver measurable marketing success.
Movio is made up of people who love movies and are passionate about having a lasting impact on the success of the cinema industry. With offices in Los Angeles, Auckland - New Zealand and London, we are transforming the way movies are marketed across the world. Movio products empower marketers to connect moviegoers with their ideal movie.
Movio is a company of Vista Group International Ltd (NZX & ASX: VGL), a world leading company comprised of eight businesses that provide software, digital and online solutions to the global film industry.
Movio is experiencing major growth at a global level and has a need for a full-time Auckland-based Senior Product Designer.
Reporting to the Product Design Manager you will be accountable for creating superior internal and customer facing user experiences and interface design. A heavy focus will be on creation of rapid prototypes for internal and external testing. You'll be directly involved in crafting the UI & UX for two top of class products in the cinema industry. You'll be given the opportunity to push the direction of both products and the in-house design systems. This is a great opportunity to learn User Research.
Movio understands the value of good UX and invests in it providing an environment where you are encouraged to share ideas for continuous improvement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop concepts and prototypes both on your own and in collaboration with Designers, Developers, and Product Owners
- Create sketches, mockups, prototypes etc, to effectively communicate design ideas
- Prioritisation, delegation and mentorship of junior UX Designers
- Learn, grow and train outside of Movio applying those learnings to Movio
- Design interfaces that are beautiful and easy to use
- Contribute heavily to designing the overall experience of our products by developing interaction and user interface design
- Maintenance and improvement of Movio's component library
- Ensuring the products look and feel conforms to Movio's brand
- You'll work with the Design, Product and Engineering teams on scheduled projects that make up our roadmap
- Working to identify possible product innovations and improvements through workshops and collaborative design sessions
- You'll be expected to bring the project team, the business team and account management team on the journey when presenting new concepts and ideas
- Involvement in interviews, selection, training, and mentoring for the Product Design Team
- Use data collected from research, user testing and market analysis to create truly user-centric design
To be considered for this role you will need:
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Senior Product Designer in a product, vendor, or technology house
- You will have experience of working at a high level on real products or services
- Deep experience in interaction design, including sketching, lo-fi prototyping and high-fidelity interactive prototyping
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal - Ability to identify and articulate design problems clearly
- Knowledge of techniques and the ability to know when to use proposed solutions
- Experience with user testing and user research - either participating or facilitating
- Experience in Rapid Prototyping and Interaction Design
Nice to have, but not essential:
- Experience with website slicing, integration and development
- Solid working knowledge of CSS preprocessors (e.g.: SCSS, Sass, Less) & HTML preprocessors (e.g.: Jade, Haml, React/JSX)
Please include a portfolio of your work with your application. This must showcase your interaction and interface design skills across a range of different projects, including specific examples of wireframes, interaction flows, site maps. Being able to clearly explain why you’ve chosen a particular design approach is essential!
At Movio we value inclusivity and celebrate diversity. We’re committed to offering equal opportunity to our staff and candidates — regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, religious, ethical beliefs or political opinion. This commitment is reflected in all our employment policies and procedures.